10+ years experience
You identify as a leader and innovator and have a passion for design and creation that is a part of who you are. You are a landscape architect who is ready to be responsible for the collaborative growth of a firm so that it resembles you and those around you. You probably have more than ten years of experience, and have the background and desire to leave your mark as a part of a team. You have reached a point in your career where you know what you can do, when to do it, and perhaps most importantly, what not to do. You target efforts wisely and strategically.
We are an Alaskan landscape architecture and planning office that balances traditional ways of getting things done, with a high level of interest and commitment to new ways of doing things. We invest in people and technology with a goal of improving how we do our work, and expanding our services.
We seek someone self-motivated who has held previous leadership roles. Our ideal candidate must possess extensive client development and management skills; design and construction management experience in a supervisory capacity as well as detailed construction documentation skills; proven ability to solve design problems in a proficient manner; and you are solution-focused (contractors like working with you because when faced with a problem, you start the conversation with options to get things on track). Excellent written, verbal and graphic communication skills are essential.
If we find a match, you will be involved in everything from new business development to being at your client’s ribbon-cutting.
We are a small, highly functional office where we have the overlapping skills and knowledge that allow us to be flexible and to operate with a high level of capacity. We look for people with skills and knowledge, and place emphasis on initiative and the ability to apply your abilities. We list what we’re looking for below, and try to be explicit about minimums… but we are interested in you and what you will bring to complement/enhance our way of working. You might just have something we didn’t think to ask for, and you can explain why we should have it.
- As our basic tools used on almost every project, you should have a high level of proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe CS and Microsoft Office Suite.
- To bring value to our projects, or within our niche specializations, knowledge of SketchUp, Lumion, 3D Max, Civil 3D and/or other related software packages is of benefit. If you don’t know them specifically, you know they fit into workflows and can guide staff for process and strategy.
- We like to tinker and hack, so if you have coding knowledge and Maker skills, let us know.
- Setting expectations and maintaining schedules are our critical services. You should have your own set of developed project management skills where you work efficiently, and enable those around you to do the same. As a leader, you help those around you operate at their highest level of expertise… and grow to expand it.
- We rely on CAD standards, QA/QC standards, standard filing methods, and similar, in order to allow us to focus on the fun parts of what we do. If you immediately recognize the value and beauty of this, you’re on the right track.
- Knowledge of administrative and management principles.
- Desire (and skills) in supervising, coaching and mentoring.
- Skill in relaying both technical and non-technical information effectively. You can provide people insight into complex data.
- Willingness to assume responsibility for work products and decisions made.
- You are a leader. As such, you know what makes a leader.
Alaskan licensure as a professional landscape architect, or licensure in a state or province with reciprocity to Alaska is a requirement. Please note that Alaskan licensure requires the completion of a Northern Design course. More information on our licensure is here: https://www.commerce.alaska.gov/web/cbpl/ProfessionalLicensing/BoardofArchitectsEngineersandLandSurveyors.aspx
Education requirements: Applicants must hold a Bachelor and/or Masters degree in landscape architecture from an accredited program.
As this is a leadership position, we would request that you send an email to HR@corvus-design.com with initial information that you feel encapsulates your experience and what you would bring to this role. We will then follow up with a possible request for additional materials.